Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Confusion exists everywhere,what to choose,what to do,what do you like,what do you want to become,we humans are so damn confused.
Given so many options our mind just keeps on wandering on what do we want.Even if we choose something and may assume that our mind has now calmed down we do know that our mind is not an easy one to be pacified.
It is hard choosing which is the best for us and sometimes we just want everything.In this context remembered one scene from the sitcom friends where Phoebe is asking everyone if given a choice for sex and food what would they give up.The moment she asks Joey who loves both the things,the poor guy is just unable to decide.

Phoebe: Joey, if you had to give up sex or food, which would you pick?
Joey: I don't know it's too hard.
Rachel: Come on, you have to answer.
Joey: Okay... sex. No, food. No, uh... I want both! I want girls on bread!

Sometimes we are spoilt for choices.We happen to love many things at a time and when the time comes we all have that lovely confused look on our faces.But why should we choose??Why can't we just experience things and decide for ourselves what is good by the hit and trial method.Why do we need to give up something when we can have it?
Why aren't we allowed to experiment and live life as it comes with its surprise and excitement factor? Why others have to make choices for us? Why aren't we deciding for ourselves?
Why we have limited our choices??Why can't we expand our horizon?So many whys which have become a part of our lives.
Make a choice Engineering or Medicine,then after that MS or MBA or JOB.
At every stage someone will decide what is good for you without your assent and then we just go by the choices that have been defined for us and become a part of this mad rat race,a part of this crowd,forgetting
what we wanted to do actually.Late Field Marshal Sam Manekshaw once in his interview had stated:

“I always wanted to play with dolls. When I was young, my mom wouldn’t allow me to, then my wife came along, and I still was not allowed to.
Finally, I told myself, now I am the Field Marshall, I will damn well do as I please and went and got myself the dolls!’ ”

Surrounded by so many dos and don'ts we sometimes just forget the beauty of living,doing what we actually enjoy.Life is a journey of self-discovery,too short to be wasted in doing what we don't like :)
Hope I too sometimes heed to the above lines :P

1 comment:

Me, myself and the lunatic said...

As Tyler Durden said "We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a spiritual war... our Great Depression is our lives. We've all been raised on television to believe that one day we'd all be millionaires, and movie gods, and rock stars. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off."

After a point in life, it shouldn't be a rat race and if it is one, then you shouldn't bother yourself.